- About the Author | Richard Engelbrink
- Engelbrink Inventing Process | Richard Engelbrink, Author
- Invention News in Houston by Richard Engelbrink
- New Invention Ideas by Richard Engelbrink
- Patent Process Steps by Richard Engelbrink
- Richard Engelbrink Takes Invention Idea to Production
- Richard’s Blog
Continuing the Legacy
One of the more famous and controversial inventions from Houston is the underwire bra, which was pioneered by Howard Hughes, Jr. for use in movies. While not so popular with movie stars themselves, it became a big hit for audiences everywhere. Quite possibly the most significant invention to come out of Houston, however, would be the ventricular-assist device, a device used to keep a patient’s heart working effectively while waiting for a transplant.
Houston is full of well-known inventions and hard-working creative people coming up with new ideas all the time. Invention enthusiast Richard reporting on the latest innovations is trying to keep that legacy going and inspire the new generation of youth in Houston to continue dreaming and working to find success as well.